Taking a break from all the nail polish posts! I didn’t mean to have so many, but sometimes it’s easier for me to do those than other ones.
I don’t know how many more I can do because this already took a long time to collect! As we use up more products, I’ll keep them but I don’t think it’ll be a regular post. I don’t know how girls can use up products so quickly!! I’m pretty sure some of these products I’ve been trying to use up for months now.
1. Yes to Blueberries Facial Brightening Facial Wipes – I really liked these! They did well to remove makeup and it didn’t sting my eyes or the area around it. I don’t remember it having too harsh of a scent. These wipes are good for those lazy days where you can be bothered to use regular makeup remover. It’s much more convenient, although it doesn’t remove eye makeup as well as regular remover.
2. Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes – I feel like these are slightly harsher than the Yes to Blueberries version and doesn’t remove makeup as well. But it still gets the job done and doesn’t sting my eyes. The reason we got these was because at Target you can purchase this in a two pack so it’s more bang for your buck. I forgot to save the other one, but we’ve already used up two packs and have already purchased another one. Although to be honest, I enjoy the Yes to Blueberries better.
3. Good Puff 80pc Cotton Squares – These are soft cotton squares used to remove eye makeup and sometimes I’ll use it to remove face makeup also. We get these in a two pack as well for $1.50 at the Japanese store.
4. Cotton Puff 90pc Cotton Squares – Between this and the Good Puff, I prefer Cotton Puff better. The squares are a little more substantial and not as flimsy as Good Puff. You also get 20 puffs more at the same price. Can’t beat that!
5. Revlon PhotoReady Concealer in Light Medium – Unfortunately for me, this concealer didn’t work out at all, which is a total bummer because the online community kept raving about it. I don’t know what about the formula didn’t work, but every time I used it, I felt like it didn’t cover my spots very well and it was extremely dry. I couldn’t use it to spot conceal and it settled into fine lines and didn’t blend well when I used it for under eye concealer. Luckily, it works out great for my sister and I gave it to her and she’s used it up. She’s working on her own, so that may show up in a subsequent empties but I will not be purchasing this again.
6. Almay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover – It said #1 brand in America, but I realize now that it’s a marketing trick to get me to buy it. It worked. I didn’t like this makeup remover all that much. I kind of forced myself to use it all but it stung my eyes every time I tried to remove my eye makeup, which is never a good feeling. I will not be repurchasing this again, as I’m using Neutrogena’s makeup remover and that one is gentler.
7. Physician’s Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Trio in Warm Nude Eyes – Such a long name! But I finished using up the black and the dark brown. I really like these pencils! I can see myself buying the Warm Nude Eyes trios for years to come. These two pencils don’t smudge on my eyes which is pretty amazing. I still have the bronzey/nude pencil left.
8. Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Honey – I really liked this powder when I bought it, but I always felt like it didn’t last very long before I saw break through shine. I haven’t used enough powders to compare it to anything else and while I liked this, I want to try new ones. I’m currently using Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in Medium but I also want to try the Milani Multi-task Powder. I may repurchase Maybelline’s Dream Matte powder in the future as I did enjoy using it.
Whew! It was kind of a sad empties. That weren’t that many products but it sure did take me a long time before I used up some of the makeup items. I’ve had the powder for probably almost a year and I just used it up now which is funny because I use makeup at least 4-5 times a week depending on how many days of work I have. I am a terrible re-applier though so maybe that’s why I don’t use it up that quickly. I’m trying to be better about using up products before purchasing more.
Until our next adventure,